Saturday, August 13, 2011

olympic peninsula





Took a loop around the Olympic Peninsula on 101, in and out of the National Park.
Spent the night in Hoh Rain Forest. I'm not terribly happy with any of my photos, but here are some.



what's missing?

the damn stick shift!



Hurricane Ridge

Glacier, one of many melting away...

Lake Crescent

Had a pretty ideal setup. The beer was to help me fall asleep alone. :)

Not a bad solo fire.
Morning walk in the rainforest.
I could have stayed in this spot for hours, all day maybe. It was silent, and humming.
No photos do it justice.





Hoh River

Big Cedar!










Ruby Beach

The drive was perfect. Until I stopped in Olympia to get a cup of coffee on my way home and someone cut me off. I slammed on my breaks, left rubber on the street, and yes, did make contact with his bumper as he cut across three lanes to turn into a parking lot in front of me. The truck was nowhere to be found once I pulled into the parking lot. OH WELL! My bumper has a fingernail sized paint swatch on it. I hope the reckless jerk was left a little paranoid.

Also, on my way home, I drove through Aberdeen because 101 puts you right through it. The name was familiar because of the documentary, About A Son (which I highly recommend). Kurt Cobain grew up in this minute town... it felt really eerie driving through... like people just wash away there. I did not stop for photos.

No comments: