Thursday, May 24, 2012

musings. found.

❝ Often when I imagine you
your wholeness cascades into many shapes.
You run like a herd of luminous deer
and I am dark, I am forest. ❞
Rainer Maria Rilke, The Book of Hours I


❝ Your body needs to be held and to hold, to be touched and to touch. None of these needs is to be despised, denied, or repressed. But you have to keep searching for your body’s deeper need, the need for genuine love. Every time you are able to go beyond the body’s superficial desires for love, you are bringing your body home and moving toward integration and unity. ❞
Henri Nouwen

❝ I kept looking for a logic that would explain life. It never occurred to me that instead love is the vital synthesis. ❞
Jane Roberts

❝ Let’s face it. We’re undone by each other. And if we’re not, we’re missing something. If this seems so clearly the case with grief, it is only because it was already the case with desire. One does not always stay intact. It may be that one wants to, or does, but it may also be that despite one’s best efforts, one is undone, in the face of the other, by the touch, by the scent, by the feel, by the prospect of the touch, by the memory of the feel. ❞
Judith Butler



❝ But in the mud and scum of things
There always, always something sings. ❞
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: